Gum diseases or Periodontal diseases are one of the most common as well as serious dental problems that are faced by millions of people. The symptoms may vary according to the nature and kind of the disease. However, there are some telltale signs that accompany all kinds of periodontal diseases. The treatment of this ailment depends on several factors like nature, stage, and oral health. There are two kinds of treatments available for issues related to our gum. They consist of surgical and non-surgical treatment options. As there are different stages of periodontal diseases, it is recommended to visit your family dentist and get yourself treated as soon as possible.
Nowadays, there is a lot of information that is available for these kinds of diseases. The importance of taking care of your gums should not be underestimated. As per recent studies, it has been found that gums are directly related to our hearts. Therefore, any kind of complications associated with gums increases the risk of stroke and heart problems. Now, let us take a look at what periodontal diseases are and how to identify them.
What Are Periodontal Diseases and How To Identify Them?
Periodontitis is also known as gum disease or sickness. It is a genuine gum disease that harms the delicate tissue and, without therapy, can annihilate the bone that upholds your teeth. These kinds of diseases are also known as Periodontal Diseases. It can also result in loss of tooth and loosening of the pulp of the tooth. This disease or infection is normal yet generally preventable. It’s typically the consequence of bad oral hygiene. Good oral habits like brushing and flossing twice per day and getting regular dental check-ups can enormously save your gums from periodontitis.
The dental conditions that inconvenience us are extremely sneaky. Some of the gum diseases can be barely noticeable. The fact of the matter is, that we tend to take care of our teeth more than our gums. However, it does not mean that they are undetectable. Here are some symptoms that usually appear at the first stages of gum diseases:
- Try to notice if your gum lines are receding.
- Red and inflamed gums.
- Bleeding gums.
- Gums that cause pain while chewing
- Try to discern whether if you have a lingering bad breath
- Check whether you have sensitive or loose teeth.
Different Types of Periodontal Diseases
Now let us learn about the different types of gum or periodontal diseases:
- Gingivitis: This is a mild form of gum disease which causes red and swollen gums. The gums tend to bleed.
- Aggressive Periodontitis: It is a moderate form of gum disease which results in rapid tooth and bone loss.
- Chronic Periodontitis: This is an advanced form of gum infection that is marked by gum recession, bone loss, and pockets of pus under the teeth.
- Necrotizing Periodontal Diseases: This is the most severe and dreaded form of gum disease that causes lesions and the destruction of both soft and hard tissues inside the mouth.
We hope our blog has helped you in gaining a better understanding of periodontal diseases and their types. If you require the best periodontal treatment in Round Rock, TX, then please visit Clearview Dental Clinic. Our team of qualified dentists outlines treatment for all kinds of gum diseases.